We are looking for an experienced Training Manager with a minimum 5 years’ management experience in a Telecoms training or teaching role. The ideal candidate will be proficient in PIA / OR build specifications and has ideally worked in the UK Telecoms industry for at least 10 years. We’re looking for a trainer with excellent UK Fibre Build knowledge, preferably on the Openreach network. This position is a fused role that merges the induction and development of new associates with the continued development of existing colleagues. As the Training Manager you will play a major role in developing and improving staff capability across business. This critical position holds a high degree of responsibility, creativity, accountability and technical aptitude, therefore you must have the required skill set to be considered.
- Review and assess existing accreditation / staff capability against operational requirements.
- Build a plan to bridge any training gaps across all departments.
- Engage with PIA / OR / Fibre Installation etc. training suppliers to ensure all the company’s training requirements are achieved.
- Sign off on Build Partners accreditation compliance during the onboarding process.
- Responsible for inducting all new staff into the business.
- Embrace innovation (such as VR and eLearning tools), so that all training delivered is engaging, up to date, accessible and reflective of the company.
- Manage Build Partners’ training requirements with external suppliers to ensure 100% efficiency is achieved, thus improving delivery output & timelines.
- Reporting weekly KPIs that demonstrate quality and volume outputs.
- Identifying and assessing future training requirements as the company evolves.
- Create a clear and tangible training plan to ensure both internal and external staff are compliant to work on site and in the office.
- Ability to develop within the ever-changing world of IT.
- Educated to HNC / HND – ideally degree educated.
- Hold a recognised teaching / training qualification.
- Hold or have held lead assessor status within the UK Telecoms industry.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience designing and executing successful training and coaching programmes.
- Extensive training experience on the OR / BT network – UG, OH, Fibre, Cabinet installation, Poling and Civils.
- Proficient understanding of the OR / PIA accreditation requirements – Flex & Civils.
- Good understanding of CDM (Construction Design Management) requirements.
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills – proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Full clean driving licence.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards.Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays.
- NOW: Pensions scheme.
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more.