We are looking for an experienced experienced PIA / OR Survey & Design Manager with a minimum of 3 years fibre design experience. Must have proficient knowledge of PIA / OR architecture and current knowledge of PIA / OR design & build specifications. Must also have extensive knowledge of (LTC) Lead to Cash specifications to ensure that network design is aligned to LTC deployment, following completion of the network build rollout.
This key team member will be responsible for all survey & design of the Giganet fibre network build across the South of England. As the main POC for all fibre build survey & design queries, you will ensure all Build Partner surveys are carried out to specification, validated by internal verification teams prior to job pack creation / design.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the fibre design process and validation of returned designs against surveyed areas.
- Work with Build Partners to ensure surveying requirements are clearly briefed and understood.
- Create a training programme for PIA survey & design.
- Liaise with Programme Managers on build progress to validate design & build are aligned.
- Manage Build Partner survey & design queries through continuous dialogue throughout construction phase and attend Giganet / Build Partner reviews to increase surveying quality.
- Manage and complete required key stages within Project Plan requirements and delivery dates.
- Ensure aggregation and backhaul links provided by the central team are achievable and added to the technical designs.
- Use a range of GIS software e.g., Maptitude, QGIS, etc.
- Manage design output and ensure it meets the required standard in terms of quality & timelines.
- Produce relevant reports as required to show progress against targets and budgetary knowledge and management reports as required.
- Management of as-builts for completed builds with Ops teams, including Build Partners.
- Identif failings and put improvement plans in place to rectify all risks.
- Presentation of weekly reports for all stakeholders, internal & external, plus chairing and attending meetings.
- Mentor and develop desktop survey & design verification staff.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures and SLAs.
- Ensure project scope and guidelines are implemented consistently.
- Work with and manage external design partners to ensure designs are to required specification.
- Engineering degree with 5+ years post graduate experience in FTTX.
- Qualified to A level, BTEC or HNC or equivalent standard.
- Currently hold S11 or lead assessor S11 status.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in designing PIA / OR Network architecture and design knowledge of FTTP/ FTTH, DWDM Ethernet and IP.
- Experience in working with & managing external design companies supporting our design requirements.
- Highly skilled, experienced and organised network designer.
- Previous management experience or experience of leading a team of PIA / S11 surveyors.
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and network integrity are maintained, and records updated accordingly.
- Experience with network design packages (QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, AutoCAD, etc)
- Experience of creating BOMs & BOQs.
- Environmental awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication.
- Network planning experience is essential.
- Full clean driving licence.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more