We are looking for a Street Works Noticing Co-ordinator with a minimum of 3 years noticing / permitting experience. You need in-depth knowledge of Highways Act 1980, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004. In addition, subcontractor engagement experience is essential, as there will be frequent engagement with our Build Partners to ensure permitting & NRSWA compliance is comprehensively managed in line with council requirements.
This role will report to the Street Works Liaison Manager dealing with the Highways Authorities across the South of England.
- Monitor and report on Build Partner performance.
- Address all HA queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure our Build Partners are fully aware of the HA requirements within their build area.
- Investigate and record any failures of work carried out on behalf of Giganet by Build Partners.
- Responsible for gathering and collating evidence in relation to any challenges received from local authorities in relation to NRSWA and in particular, Sections, 56, 60, 66, 71, to 74, and assist in the timely submission of such evidence to the required authority.
- Ensure HA meetings are attended by internal staff & or Build Partners as requested by the HA.
- Liaise with members of the public, Area Office Staff, Local Councils, County Councils and other authorities on matters related to NRSWA and TMA.
- Capture feedback from the Highways Authorities and share this with PMO / Build Partners to help shape the way they plan and deliver work.
- Establish Permitting specific requirements in each Council area and ensure Build Partners submit permits in accordance with these requirements.
- Ensure all Build Partners follow our strict utility print / safe dig & ZOI processes.
- Monitoring and Coordination of interim (temp to perm) reinstatements with Build Partners.
- NRSWA trained to supervisor level – Units 1 to 10.
- Qualified to A level, BTEC or HNC or equivalent standard.
- New Roads and Street Works Act accreditation.
- IOSH qualification.
- Good operating knowledge and training certificates for Street Manager, Eaton, Symology permitting systems.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Proficient experience & understanding of parking suspensions, bus stop suspensions, road closures permitting requirements.
- Experience in managing work duration timelines.
- Experience dealing with FPNs, defects, S74’s, registering of works, temp to perms etc.
- Experience of working in a traffic management / street works capacity.
- Good understanding of TM applications, TTRO’s, TTLA, s etc.
- Good knowledge of Highways Act 1980, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004.
- Good knowledge of SROH & HAUC guidelines.
- Good understanding of CDM (Construction Design Management) requirements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Civils Engineering technical qualification.
- Highway Inspection Course – C&G 6003 Units 301 & 321.
- Highways maintenance vocational course.
- Geographical knowledge of area.
- Site supervision experience.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at the CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more