We are looking for an experienced, professional SHEQ Manager with a min of 5 years’ management experience in a senior SHEQ role. You will have a good understanding of recognised best practice, risk management techniques and management principles, supported by a thorough appreciation of health and safety within a regulated industry sector. Proven, demonstrable experience in a similar SHEQ role, ideally gained in a similar industry such as Telecommunications; Utilities or Construction (Utilities and/or underground service avoidance would be highly desirable). Must have a good understanding of risks involved in all civils utilities tasks, working at height and in confined spaces. Leading a team of 6-8 SHE & Quality auditors on a PIA fibre build, you will have good leadership & management qualities.
- Manage a team of internal auditors to ensure safety & quality compliance across all parts of the business.
- Ensure the organisation complies with current health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Schedule and facilitate BSI compliance audits as required.
- Monitor, evaluate and review internal H&S policies and practices ensuring they are consistent across all departments.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations and ability to prepare and implement H&S Construction Phase Plans as required the Construction Design and Management Regulations (NI) 2007.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to current policies and procedures as required.
- Manage and monitor a competency-based training matrix for all staff and ensure compliance in conjunction with Training Manager.
- Ensure build FPQ checks are carried out in line with THP build forecast.
- Create & manage performance metrics for in-house & Build Partner compliance monitoring.
- Liaise with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive and industry bodies and ensure compliance with updates in legislation.
- Drive root cause analysis reviews and ensure lessons learnt are communicated effectively in the event of accidents or incidents.
- Responsible for the reporting of RIDDOR incidents.
- Assess & review all equipment used on site and across the business against safety requirements.
- Advise Operational team with HR support re: Occupational Health Restrictions.
- Sign off on Build Partners SHEQ compliance during the onboarding process.
- Manage an effective audit regime (office, depot, site) report on its findings and drive through continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement a SHEQ action plan and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reports as required and chair review meetings.
- Compile and submit annual ROSPA submission.
- Lead staff to carry out on-site inspections across all parts of the business, Network Build, Installation, Logistics, Supply Chain etc.
- Champion a work culture & environment that embodies a ‘Zero Harm’, Health and Safety culture.
- Promote a positive incident reporting culture across the business.
- Review and update of all RAMS (where / when necessary) across all departments.
- 10 years’ experience working in the SHEQ industry.
- Min of 5 years’ experience in a SHEQ management role with line management experience.
- Ideally degree educated.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Environmental Management.
- NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate.
- General Management Qualification.
- Previously worked within a regulated industry.
- Experience developing and reviewing safety policies and procedures.
- Developing safety management systems.
- Previously developed and ran SHEQ workshops and meetings.
- Method statement preparation & review.
- Compliance and maintenance of relevant ISO/OHSAS standards.
- Proven history as an auditor against ISO 9001,14001, OHSAS18001/ISO45001.
- Good understanding of CDM (Construction Design Management) requirements.
- Excellent presentation skills – proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Full clean driving licence.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more