We are looking for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor with strong commercial skills and extensive QS experience in the Fibre Build PIA / OR Telecoms environment. Reporting directly to the Senior QS you will be dealing directly with our Build Partners & In-house Operational teams with commercial ownership to ensure the build is constructed on time and to budget. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years Telecoms QS experience working with sub-contractors on a fibre build rollout across multiple councils. You will have high level of confidentiality and discretion and be able to gather and analyse information skilfully.
- Commercial management of multiple sites on time and to budget.
- Engaging & agreeing rates with Build Partners on all civils & fibre build requirements.
- Pricing and ensuring estimates are submitted accurately and on time.
- Resolving pricing issues with Build Partners.
- Ensuring commercial contractual SLAs are applied with our Build Partners.
- Management of applications for payment / dispute resolution.
- Ensuring site measures are accurate and supported by required evidence.
- Cost analysis on Civils, Fibre Build, Materials etc.
- Management of P&Ls / Budgets with Senior Programme Managers.
- Management of supply chain documentation in conjunction with Senior QS & Contracts Manager.
- Onboarding of Build Partners in conjunction with Contracts Manager & Senior QS.
- Change management and early warnings management.
- Contract administration.
- CVRs / DFEs.
- Qualified to a minimum HND/HNC standard.
- Min 3 Years QS experience in the Telecoms industry, ideally a large-scale fibre build.
- Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement, control cycle and accruals calculations.
- Working knowledge of ICC and NEC3 ECC forms of contract.
- Good experience of Telecoms / Utilities synthetic frameworks / rate cards.
- Experience in the Civil Engineering / Utilities industry e.g. street works.
- General knowledge of contracts/ contractual terms.
- Good reasoning ability and ability to take on new concepts efficiently and quickly.
- Excellent presentation skills – proficient in Microsoft Office.
- RICS Chartership (MRICS).
- Degree level education in commercial/contract or project management or equivalent.
- IOSH qualification.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays.
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more