We are looking for a capable, assertive Project Manager with a passion for customer service and a structured, methodical approach. Working as part of the Giganet PMO, you will be delivering internal infrastructure and complex customer connectivity projects to time, budget, and quality. You will define and review project processes and standard documents, to continually improve Project Management capability. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop less senior members of the Project Management Office.
- Define and document a company standard light-touch formal project management methodology.
- Work with Engineering & Service Operations to deliver internal infrastructure projects using this methodology to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Ensure transition is completed with due regard for actual, and risk of, impact to live services.
- Liaise with fibre build teams to allow regional sales and marketing activity to align with delivery of passive and active workstreams.
- Define commercial processes and templates to deliver complex business data and telephony projects to customers efficiently and cost effectively.
- Work with Business Sales to scope, quote and deliver external customer infrastructure projects, using this methodology, as appropriate to the commercial importance and agreed level of risk.
- Engage internal technical resources with clearly defined work packages.
- Ensure supplier orders are placed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Manage supply of external resources and equipment including technology, circuits and service partners.
- Quality assure delivery and authorise supplier payment against agreed milestones.
- Ensure customer projects are billed as agreed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate major issues, escalating as appropriate to ensure resolution.
- Communicate high/very high risks, escalating as appropriate to ensure effective mitigation approaches are agreed and in place.
- Develop and report appropriate KPIs to allow the status of the project portfolio to be clearly understood.
- Experience using structured project management methodology
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Prince2 Practitioner or equivalent
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays and your birthday too
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Healthcare benefits including private medical insurance, group life insurance and eyecare vouchers
- 2 days paid leave per year to do voluntary activities for an organisation or initiative of your choice