We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join the Giganet team. Reporting to the CTO, the IT Manager will recruit, lead and manage an IT team to provide ICT services and support that meet the organisation’s requirements, within budget, and adhere to the overall IT strategy. You will provide overall ICT control of specialist systems, technology solutions and applications.
- Assist the CTO to produce and maintain the ICT Strategy.
- Produce and maintain ICT Policies in collaboration with HR and Finance.
- Maximise availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance.
- Recruit, mentor, develop and manage a team of IT Technicians and lead the team to deliver effective and efficient support, orientation and training across the organisation, including new starters.
- Be accountable for IT security, data privacy and liaison with the ICO.
- Agree and manage the IT budget; be accountable for asset and inventory management.
- Work with system owners on selection, integration and ongoing management of specialist third party applications and systems.
- Define, measure, report and review KPIs that best demonstrate the quality, efficiency and continual improvement of the ICT strategy.
- Collaborate on business continuity plans providing input on ICT systems, equipment and security to preserve technology, operational capability and data integrity.
- Previous experience as an IT Manager or relevant equivalent role.
- Total confidence in a Microsoft environment; Microsoft 365; Azure Active Directory; InTune (Endpoint Manager)
- Experience of Android and iOS device management.
- Sound understanding of computer systems and corporate networks, as well as industry best practice.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours to respond to major IT incidents.
- Degree in relevant subject
- ITIL; Prince2; Agile
- VMware; Veeam; Dell (PowerEdge & PowerVault); Cisco Meraki
- Zendesk or other ITSM; Salesforce or other CRM
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays and your birthday too.
- NOW: Pensions scheme.
- Healthcare benefits including private medical insurance, group life insurance and eyecare vouchers.
- 2 days paid leave per year to do voluntary activities for an organisation or initiative of your choice.