Here at Giganet we are looking for an experienced IP Telecommunications Engineer to join our team in Whiteley. Highly skilled in voice and data communications, you will also have great customer service skills and work efficiently in a team environment. You must be prepared to work outside of normal hours and to travel for customer site visits.
- Pre-sales technical support
- Project management
- Onsite and remote Installation – Must be able and willing to travel in
- Training (Handset / Desktop Client / Config Gui)
- Helpdesk (Fault qualification / remote diagnostics / Fault ticket updates / 3rd party escalation)
- Participation as part of an internal ICT support on-call rota outside normal working hours
Essential knowledge/ certifications:
- IP softswitch and SIP trunks
- Internet connectivity, NAT and Firewall. LAN / WAN / WiFi
- VoIP Desk phone and softphone connecting via H.323 and SIP protocols
- LAN switching / VLAN / Layer 3. Public and Private IP addressing
- pfSense Firewall
- General networking experience (DHCP, DNS, firewalls, client VPN)
Key skills and attributes:
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Logical diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and interest in new developments
- Ability to explain technology clearly to less technical colleagues
- Good organisational and time-management skills
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays and your birthday too.
- Healthcare benefits including private medical insurance, group life insurance and eyecare vouchers.
- NOW: Pensions scheme.
- 2 days paid leave per year to do voluntary activities for an organisation or initiative of your choice.