We are commencing a large-scale PIA FTTH Build across the South of England focusing on key locations such as towns, cities and business parks. This role is to supervise and co-ordinate build partners’ fibre build activities in line with NRSWA, SHEQ, PIA & Giganet build specifications. Build and develop relationships with local HAs and ensure safety & compliance for all build activities in your area.
- Co-ordination & Supervision of all field-based PIA / Giganet fibre build activities (Surveying, TRR, blockage clearances, installing track, building chambers, cabinet installations, Fibre testing etc) carried out by Build Partner crews across multiple locations.
- Ensure all properties are RFS (Ready for Service) when Network Build is completed thus ensuring the provisioning team can carry out all installations without issue.
- Build & maintain close working relationships with Civils Build teams to ensure alignment with THP delivery requirements.
- To provide technical fibre expertise and be the main POC (Point of Contact) / escalation on all aspects of fibre build.
- Ensure build meets PIA & Giganet build standards.
- Build strong relationships with local HA inspectors across multiple councils.
- To attend HA meetings as required, on-site or at the HA offices.
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed and adhered to for the entire duration of the project.
- Carry out regular safety inspections ensuring NRSWA compliance on site.
- Carry out pre-site inspections for all track work ensuring permit conditions are aligned to build requirements.
- To deliver the required amount of site audit documentation and implement any corrective action / continuous improvement plans as required.
- Hold monthly meetings with all build staff briefing them on progress to date and to review monthly audit findings.
- Work closely with the inhouse street works & permitting teams to help drive improvements across all street works activities within your region.
- Review & approve all Build Partners TM applications in line with site requirements including cost management.
- Handling site incidents in accordance with company requirements.
- Ensure Build Partners coring programme is in line with company’s / contractual SLAs.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures.
- Sign off on all DFEs (Deferral from Estimate) prior to submission by the Build Partner(s)
We are looking for:
A strong individual with extensive PIA Telecoms experience to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years PIA / Openreach Network Build & Sub-contractor experience in the fibre build environment. Telecoms commercial experience would be an advantage as you will be responsible for signing off on all DFEs for your Build Partner(s).
Highway’s engagement is a large part of the role therefore a solid background in Permitting, SROH & NRSWA compliance is a must to be accepted for the role. You also need:
- Extensive Telecoms site-based experience of leading a large-scale Fibre Build across multiple council areas.
- Good experience working with OR / PIA Platforms.
- Min 3 years’ experience working in a Fibre Build role on PON (FTTP) including Spine and access build on Network Build Telecoms projects.
- Excellent knowledge of OR / PIA build including Civils, SROH, NRSWA & HAUC guidelines.
- SMSTS & NRSWA Supervisors card.
- Full clean driving licence.
Ideally you will have all / some of the following accreditations: SA01 & SA02, GO1 & GO2, A11, BB1 – C, B & M, CD1, DB1, DL1, FCCW1, FCFW1, N23 / N27 / N28, SLEW1, S5, S6, S7 & S8. Additional training & accreditation will be provided for the right candidate.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. Join a company that will invest in you.
- Company van provided.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards.
- NOW: Pensions scheme.
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more.