We are looking for a strong individual with extensive Civils PIA Telecoms experience to join our expanding team. The Field Based Co-Ordinator will supervise and co-ordinate Build Partner civils activities in line with NRSWA & local HA requirements. As well as building and developing relationships with local HAs and ensuring safety & build compliance for all civils activities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years PIA / Openreach Network Build & Sub-contractor experience in the civils build environment. Telecoms commercial experience would be an advantage. Highways engagement is a large part of the role, therefore a solid background in Permitting, SROH & NRSWA compliance is a must.
- Co-ordination & supervision of all field-based PIA civils activities (blockage clearances, installing track, building chambers, cabinets etc) carried out by Build Partner crews across multiple locations.
- Provide technical civils expertise and be the main point of contact / escalation on all aspects of fibre civils build, including reinstatement.
- Ensure all PIA civils activities are carried out to NRSWA & SHROH standards.
- Build strong relationships with local HA inspectors across multiple councils.
- To attend HA meetings as required, on-site or at the HA offices.
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed and adhered to for the entire duration of the project.
- Carry out regular safety inspections ensuring NRSWA compliance on site.
- Carry out pre-site inspections for all track work ensuring permit conditions are aligned to build requirements.
- To deliver the required amount of site audit documentation and implement any corrective action / continuous improvement plans as required.
- Hold monthly meetings with all civils staff briefing them on progress to date and to review monthly audit findings.
- Work closely with the inhouse street works & permitting teams to help drive improvements across all street works activities within your region.
- Review & approve all Build Partners TM applications in line with site requirements including cost management.
- Handling site incidents in accordance with company requirements.
- Ensure Build Partners coring programme is in line with company’s / contractual SLAs.
- Build & maintain close working relationships with Fibre Build teams to ensure alignment with THP delivery requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures.
- Sign off on all DFEs (Deferral from Estimate) prior to submission by the Build Partner(s).
- Extensive Telecoms site-based experience of leading a large-scale Fibre Build across multiple council areas.
- Good experience working with OR Platforms – Orion & Geo hub etc.
- Min 3 years’ experience working in a Civils Build role on PON (FTTP) including Spine and access build on Network Build Telecoms projects.
- Excellent knowledge of PIA Civils, SROH, NRSWA & HAUC guidelines.
- SMSTS & NRSWA Supervisors card.
- Full clean driving licence.
Ideally you will have all / some of the following accreditations:
SA01 & SA02, GO1 & GO2, A11, BB1 – C, B & M, CD1, DB1, DL1, FCCW1, FCFW1, N23 / N27 / N28, SLEW1, S5, S6, S7 & S8.
Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business with big plans. We’re an ISP with a difference, working to connect communities to fast, full fibre broadband.
With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards.Join a company that will invest in you.
- 23 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Company van
- NOW: Pensions scheme
- Other benefits including eyecare vouchers and more